OUR LEGAL TEAM
Ms. Jackel works on a broad range of environmental litigation and compliance matters, and other complex litigation in the state and federal courts. Her practice includes counseling and representing clients in complex environmental cost recovery litigation over contaminated sites, environmental aspects of commercial real estate transactions, construction litigation, and regulatory compliance. Ms. Jackel has assisted a broad array of clients, from private individuals to large businesses, with the following types of matters:
- Coordination of joint defense activities on behalf of more than 60 waste-hauling companies in landfill cost recovery litigation.
- Negotiation of settlement of EPA CERCLA cost recovery and lien claims against dry cleaner.
- Investigation of environmental issues surrounding the lease, purchase and sale of industrial and commercial properties.
- Addressing claims for natural resource damage.
- Evaluating soil and groundwater discharges from commercial operations.
- Litigation by a construction contractor against a surety company under the Pennsylvania Bad Faith statute.
- Investigation of zoning issues surrounding the lease and purchase of property.
- Appearance before the Zoning Board of Adjustments.
- Conducting expert discovery in complex construction defect litigation.
- Conducting litigation and settlement negotiations in complex commercial litigation against 13 banks, financial investment companies, and insurance companies
Before joining Michelman & Bricker, she clerked for the Honorable Juan R. Sanchez of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and interned with the Honorable Petrese B. Tucker of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. She brings to private practice the perspective she has gained from working for both the federal government and several non-profit citizen’s organizations. She has worked on environmental issues for the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) -Region III , where she negotiated settlements in underground storage tank violation cases. She has also worked for Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future (where she worked on issues such as greenhouse gases, diesel emissions, and designation of streams and rivers) and the Sierra Club (where she dealt with issues such as coastal erosion and liquified natural gas terminals). As Executive Director of the Coalition for Louisiana Progress, she worked extensively on statewide legislative issues.
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- New Jersey, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 2013
- J.D., Drexel University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2009
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- B.A.,Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, 2004
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Major: politics
- Minor: environmental studies
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Environmental Protection Agency, Region III, Summer Law Clerk, 2007
- Hon. Juan R. Sanchez, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Volunteer Law Clerk, 2009 to 2010
- Hon. Petrese B Tucker, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Judicial Intern, 2007 to 2008